Thursday, June 24, 2010

Television Faves?

I used to watch very little television in high school because I was so involved in school and sports. I watched very little television throughout college because I was always slaving over projects. During the month of May when I was secluded in a tiny-itsy-bitsy town at my parents' house after the flood, I probably watched more television than in the past 8 years combined. I kid you not. I had nothing else to do! So I'd put on something and let it be in the background while I crafted away! I did grow to love a few favorites over the past few years, and almost never watched it on actual cable. This is where Hulu.com and Netflix came in. All of my tv is watched online. Say hello to the future!

Well, with that being said, I've blown through a few series and now I'm left with nothing to occupy my nights before bed. Lame! My all time favorite, of course, is Dexter. If you haven't watched Dexter, I highly recommend it. Oh my goodness! Best show ever. Mike and I would pile up and watch a handful of episodes at a time. I miss those nights.


After Dexter was over, I reluctantly agreed to start watching Weeds with him because it was one of his all-time faves. Now, it was good in the beginning, but for a little bit it got a little dry. However, the season finale to season 5 was fairly decent. I'll watch season 6 just to see what happens. It kept me interested enough, I guess I should say.


Last night I sorted through the list of tv shows that Netflix recommended me based on my previous views and ratings. It suggested The L Word, which I had never seen. I knew the basis of what it was about (duh) but I couldn't watch season 1 or 2 instantly (bummer bears!) I started with the season premier of season 3 and although I only watched one episode, it was pretty good. I'm going to give it at least 3 episodes to make up my mind.


I've been advised countless times to "Watch True Blood! Watch it! It's so good!" but honestly, I just couldn't get into it. Halfway into the pilot I was bored and over the exaggerated (and terrible) southern accents. (Well, I really think I just took offense to it haha). I've been told, again, countless times, "Just watch True Blood again! It took me a few times but now I'm hooked" but I guess I just don't have it in me yet. So let's forgo the True Blood route all together (I just don't get giddy over vampires, sorry!)

So, my point is, What TV Shows Do You Recommend?! I like drama, romance, romantic comedies, comedies, etc. Maybe I'll just pick back up in the middle of Entourage? Hmm... Help a girl out!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...