Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Survey: Tagged by Em!

I was tagged by Emilie over at Town Mouse in the Country a few days ago and now that I finally have some down time, I thought I should do it! Here we go!

1. Where did you grow up?
Hohenwald, Tennessee. Never heard of it? Don't worry, You probably never will. BUT! Fun fact: Meriwether Lewis (of Lewis & Clark Expedition) died there so we're Lewis County. And we have the largest wildlife Elephant Sanctuary refuge (3,000 acres) in the country. It was my first job when I was 15. I LOVED IT. So fun! (go visit www.elephants.com)

2. Do you consider your childhood a happy one?
For sure. It sucked not having a dad around, but my mom always made up for it in the most amazing ways. We went to a lot of concerts together and she always came to all of my sports games. It was really good. :D

3. Do you have any siblings?
I am an only child. (My biological father has a son and daughter, 16 and 14 years older, respectively). But I grew up as an only child since it was just my mom and I.

4. Who did you think was the smartest person in the world?
I honestly couldn't tell you! That was so long ago! I thought I was the cat's pajamas though! hahaha

5. Did you ever run away from home?
Nope. Never saw the point. If my mom and I got in an argument, I'd leave for a little while or something. Usually because I knew I was probably overreacting so I let myself chill. That's it though.

6. What about being a child do you miss the most?
All the fun concerts my mom took me to. We always had so much fun! And not having to worry about backstabbing friends or drama that was anything more than Billy chasing you and taking the basketball away on the playground.

7. Where did your family go on vacation?
We went to Gulf Shores a couple of times I think?

8. What is something you really wish you hadn't started earlier in life?
Nothing that I can think of.

9. Did you have any serious accidents or illnesses as a child?
I had a severe case of chronic Asthma growing up. The doctor didn't know what was wrong with me so my mom finally took me to a new dude when I was 2. He said it was asthma and I had a really hard time with it when I was little. Pretty much in and out of the hospital non-stop until I was like 7 or 8 maybe? Living under a little clear tent over my hospital bed. I also had something wrong with my bladder and my eye. I'm still blind in my left eye and I literally have a bladder the size of an acorn haha

10. Did you have any nicknames?
Kae, KaeBear, KaeBeau, KB, Bee, Beauregarde, Sweet Pea, HoneyBear, Baby Carrot, etc.
11. Name 5 school days accomplishments.
  1. Honor Roll and Beta Club, Honor Society, mumbo jumbo K-12. Graduated with "honors" and a 3.97 GPA
  2. Founder and President of the French Club 2years, and officer/ambassador for a crap-ton of other clubs.
  3. Pretty much ran the yearbook with a girl named Kelsey (this prompted my love for graphic design).
  4. Played sports from age 4 to 18 (Cheerleading, Softball and Volleyball)
  5. Never got in a fight, or called to the Principal's office.
12. What stories have been told about yourself as a baby?
I climbed on top of the refrigerator when I was like 18 months old or something? Idk. I also remember that when I was asked what babydoll I wanted, I immediately reached for the black baby. My mom let me have it. This always puts a smile on my face.

13. Did religion/church play a part in your childhood social activities?
No, not really. We'd go to church on Sundays and such but I stayed sick and in the hospital so much that we'd always miss. We're not overly religious, at all, really.

14. What objects do you remember from your childhood?
A little table and chairs set that belonged to my late-cousin (who I'm partially named after) who was killed 14 years before I was born. A red Chevy Corvette hot-wheels-esque car I drove off in down the street when I was like 4. A bouncing horse I'd always ride. So many great toys!

15. What was the number of students in your graduating class?
107. I was the first person to walk across the stage to get my diploma :D

16. What is one thing that you never did in high school that you wish you would have done?
Nothing, really. I really enjoyed high school and I feel like I made the most of it.

17. Did you go to college and what was your major?
I'm currently a senior (graduating in December) at O'More College of Design. I'll be getting a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Communications (graphic design). I started O'More as a Fashion Design major but changed my mind after the freshman year. This put me a semester behind so I'm graduating in a total of 4.5 years.

18. What was the funniest thing someone wrote in your yearbook?
Oh gosh I can't even begin to imagine. Hannah, Kristin and I all had some GREAT inside jokes! I remember drawing pictures and writing "la la la la la COFFEE IN THE ROAD! la la la la la" SO GREAT! so many awesome memories.
19. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid?
The tiny Walmart became a tiny Super Walmart. And there's actually a decent Mexican restaurant. Other than that, nothing.

20. If you could go back and tell your younger self anything, what would it be?
Like Em said, STOP BEING SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN! man, if one person crossed me, I was all up in that letting them know how I felt, etc etc etc. I just needed to learn to take it in stride and let the haters hate haha
Anywhoo, I'm not much of one for tagging, but I'd love if you all filled this out and linked me to it! It'd be awesome to read your answers! I wish I had photos to go along with mine but I dont :( Bah humbug!
xoxo

PS; Someone who reads my blog is giving some girl some serious hell on her FormSpring just because her name on there is KaeBee-something-or-other... Chill dudes and dudettes. She's not copying me. I don't have the name protected by copyright or anything. It's just a name. Silly bees! :P Someone brought it to my attention anonymously on FormSpring (twice actually) and I see no big deal there. So it's cool. I know about it, and I'm not worried. ♥ Thanks for keeping your eyes open though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...