Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Here's to Tuesday!

Yesterday was a surprisingly fun day. It included a bar uptown (but I didn't drink), a trip to the Lower East Side to check out Invisible NYC's tattoo shop (and make an appointment for a consultation with Kiku), a cute little coffee shop for coffee with soy at CAKESHOP, and a little bit of window-shopping in SoHo. The day seemed to end all too soon but I had a yummy veggie burger for dinner and then met Liz downstairs to go to the gym just after 8pm. We had a great workout. Over an hour of cardio and I was sweating through my shirt. That's what I like! The night was finished with the end of Weeds season 3 and Skype'n with Mike (and my parents made an appearance, too).

What I wore yesterday (Eerily reminiscent of Saturday's outfit, I know... but with bike shorts!)


{Outfit Details o6.16.1o}
{Dress: Forever 21 $25}
{Bicycle Shorts: H&M $6}
{Flats: KMart $13}

This morning I woke up (reluctantly) and got ready for work. My usual banana and vegan frap for breakfast, I was on the move. Today I sent more emails, made more phone calls, and got less-than-pleasing emails in return. But, I was also given the task of designing not only the 2-sided postcard for BUST's London Craftacular, but also the poster. I spent the entire day doing just that. Boy oh boy! I'm very pleased with it and once all of the logos and finishing touches are added, I'll try to post it. :)

I'm just hanging out at the apartment right now. I'm sure the gym will be in my future this evening. I had other plans as well but they will be better saved for another night.

I really wish I had a better way to post outfit photos. I'm much too shy to take them outside with the millions of people passing by. I wish I would've brought my tripod! Anywhoo, sorry again for the craptastic quality.

Today I wore:


{Outfit Details o6.16.1o}
{Dress: Charlotte Russe $25}
{Tights: Courtesy of We Love Colors}
{Flats: KMart $13}

I started seeing/feeling a difference in my body today. Finally. A dress that was a bit tight on me a week and a half ago is actually incredibly loose now. Granted all that much couldn't have happened in just 10 days but I'm happy to report that I'm feeling better than ever. It's things like this that make me want to work out twice as hard so I can see results twice as fast, but I just hope I can keep a steady momentum.

Anywhoo, I guess that's all the post for now!

xoxo

PS; I just wanted to thank ASHLEY of Under The Neon Lights and JACK of DogTagArt.com for the little fundraiser they did for Georgia. Ashley collected $56 from sales of her tags and Jack matched the earnings for a total of $112! That's so incredible! Between that and my few hundred dollar sales via my Etsy, I just subtracted the rest from my NYC-Living-Expense-Fund and if all goes as planned, Georgia will hopefully be having her eye surgery next week (or the next two weeks at the very most)! I'd rather live on a much stricter budget knowing that Baby G is going to be feeling 100% again! I know she's going to be so thrilled to have the pesky entropions fixed and not scratching at her eyes anymore. The third round of cherry eye has also gotten rather out of hand. Luckily the vet said he could operate on it at the same time. Hallelujah! I could never thank each and every one of you who helped Georgia through this enough. Honestly! I wish I could be there with her for the surgery, but I know she's in good hands with Mike and my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...