Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blog Award.

I was the lucky recipient of a Blog Award from the darling Kendra over at Kendra Diaries. I was sick today and took the day off of work so I figured I should get to posting this while I'm cooped up in my tiny tiny room ready to feel better. Thanks Kendra!


This award comes with the following rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share ten things about yourself
3. Pass the award along to 10 bloggers who you have
recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know you've picked them for the award.

I'm really bad at writing random facts about myself, and I think I've already done this a time or two, but it's hard to remember so I apologize if some of them overlap! I'm just going to write what comes to mind first!
1. I can literally feel my passion for shark research and conservation growing on the daily. It's become such an important part of my life. I never considered myself a "beach gal" but I know that no matter what, I want to live very very close to the coast. I want to be able to pursue my passions even if I choose to not go after them as a career. I really wish I could educate more people on the never-ending problem that the largest predator of the water is facing (*cue super dorky moment!*)

2. I really dislike when people type in shorthand, especially via text messaging. Sometimes you have to do it to make it all fit (ie; twitter, etc) and it's okay if it is REALLY necessary, but otherwise, I feel like it's a true disgrace to our language.

3. I do not like mac'n'cheese, nor do I like Ramen noodles. Will not eat them... ever.

4. I do not see myself doing graphic design for the rest of my life.

5. I bounce back between what I think I want in my future. My priorities shift on the daily. I know I want a family and a stable life, but sometimes I want to be a young wife and mother, and other times I think I need to truly push myself deeper into my potential career field. I'm a very impatient person, and I like to have solid plans, so this scares me.

6. Contrary to popular belief, there are days when I just absolutely hate myself. I hate the way I look, my personality, my actions, etc. Some days I don't want to get out of my pajamas because I feel like it's a waste. These days are few and far between but I'm definitely not without. Luckily I know better than to let them get the best of me for too long so I can usually talk myself out of the funk.

7. I really want to adopt in the future. At least one child. This is very important to me. Preferably a little girl from China (most likely) considering how they handle female babies. I think it's absolutely cruel and unfair and if I can give that little girl a second chance, I would in a heartbeat.

8. I'm terrified of what lies ahead for me after college is over. I feel like college is sort of a "safe zone" and you're not really thrust out into the real world yet so you can play it cool with part-time jobs and the security of classes every day. Who knows if this degree that I just spent 4-and-a-half years procuring will do anything for me after December 2010. Who knows if 7 more years of college for Marine Biology will reap the same outcome?

9. I'm really really bored of my hair. But I have no idea what to do to it. Sometimes I miss my brown hair, othertimes I realize that red is fun and more "me"... but the cut/style is just killing me. I hate my curly, tangled mess of hair on most days. I think I'm just dying for change...

10. If I were to get married tomorrow, I have no idea who would fill out my bridal party... and honestly, thats the scariest thing of all. I've had so many wishy-washy friendships with girls in the past. Granted I know some of the ones I'd ask, but I feel so detached and far away from some of the people I considered my very best friends. Sometimes you're told that you need to make the effort to bring yourselves back together but sometimes I get tired of trying... I'd really like to meet some totally legit lady friends and not have that fear anymore.

HOKAY! So really that turned into "things I'm pretty much terrified of" haha but either way, those are 10 things about me! Now I'm supposed to tag 10 people but I'm really bad at that (wah wah! Cry me a river!) I know! So instead, I want YOU to fill it out and leave a link to your post in a comment below! I want to know these things about you. I don't want to limit it to just 10... Love you all!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...