Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wish You Were Here! Postcard Swap!


Hello hello! So this is the post I was referring to in my last one when I said I had a fun little project that I hoped to get people excited about. My 'Wish You Were Here' Project! Right now I'm only doing it for myself but if others wanted to get in on a mega-swap, I'm sure we could make it happen! Basically the jist is this: Mike and I are obviously moving into a new place in the next few weeks and we don't have any furniture or any decorations, but I was thinking about thrifting some coffee/side tables, cool frames, etc, and then doing collages on them and sealing them with polyurethane so I could have my own custom collage table! Well, I don't know how easy that is to do, but regardless, I thought it'd be cool to decorate with postcards and such from all around the world! I was thinking this could be a great way to decorate on the cheap, but still have TONS of personality!

The idea is simple: You send me a postcard... it can be from anywhere in the world. A town, a state, a country... whatever! You can write on the back if you'd like, but leave the front unobstructed. I will, in turn, send you one back if you'd like! (Just make sure there's a return address on it and I'll pop one in the mail to you!). It's similar to my penpal thing, but you don't have to write anything if you don't want to! Just zip a postcard to me in the mail and I'm going to try to decorate in different ways with them!


Of course if I come up with anything super cool I'll definitely post it here (and a tutorial too!) I was sad when the flood hit because I had a growing collection of magnets from all the countries I had been to (silly, I know.. but it was something I made a tradition with every country) so I lost them all. My friend Kayce has this awesome map of the US on her fridge as she has one of those little state magnets from each state and they're put in their respective places (so I was insanely inspired by that and I want my own one day, too!) But I know magnets can be costly so we can stick to postcards if you'd like! I'd love to hear some of your favorite things about the city/state/country that you send me, too! There will definitely be a lot of traveling in my future so maybe I'll be inspired by one of your cards and come visit! 

Anywhoo, if you're interested, just let me know! You can start sending postcards at any time to:

Kaelah Bee
649 Thomas Avenue
Hohenwald, TN
38462
USA

Please don't send them to my NYC address unless you KNOW they will get here before the 22nd of July! I will be leaving and anything sent to this address afterwards will be lost forever! Oh noezzz! If you send it to Hohenwald, I'll get a weekly list of your names/addresses to mail out to! I'll have a new address (yet again!) in a few weeks so I'll update everything then!

Don't be worried about having the same city/state/country as someone else! There are tons of postcards out there and even if I received the same one twice, I could easily use it for two different projects! Now send away! I'm loadddddeddddd on NYC postcards! (Seriously... I have well over 100 right now...) 

What are your thoughts on this? Interested? Think it's dumb? Let a girl know!

xoxo


PS; Would you want to be involved in a mega swap? I'll have to figure out how to organize it but it could be a great way for you to meet new people, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...