Thursday, May 19, 2011

30 Day Detox: Up To Speed!

Hello honeybees! How's Thursday for everyone?! Today is officially "Day 11" for me in the 30 Day Detox challenge! It may be your 11th, 6th, 1st or merely the beginning of the idea for you and that's perfectly fine and acceptable! In fact, it's recommended! I was so tickled that so many of you were on board to banish the negative and start treating ourselves with the respect we deserve! Since I've finished the first 1/3 of the challenge, I thought it might be good to reflect back on what all has happened since taking the pledge!

()

Positive Mind: While "unfortunate" or negative things do still happen, I find that by not tweeting about it or dwelling on it, the feeling passes much quicker. If I'm to tweet something negative then someone will reply to it and thus it spirals into a conversation about that negativity, whether it be that they agree with me or are trying to offer up some sweet words. By not putting those thoughts into someone else's mind, it's much easier to move on from it all together. I still get cut off in traffic. I still get rude cashiers in the market, but when it's all said and done, they're merely a tiny tiny fraction of my day. Why not focus on the brilliant instead, yes? Yes!

()

Positive Body: I have successfully given up all soda products thus far! 11 days in and I'm feeling great. I'm not even the slightest bit tempted by diet cokes anymore! My water intake fluctuates every day but at this moment I'm currently 50 ounces into my daily water and it's only 1pm! One of my goals was to reduce my sugar intake to almost nothing but that was derailed after day 1 but to make up for it, I've been removing one item from my available foods every so often and that's proving much more successful than just quitting something cold turkey. I'd like tortilla chips to make their way off of my menu but they are my vice! Undeniably delicious! I have removed queso dip though! It's a step in the right direction! And while I'm not one to use table sugar in anything, I am a fan of Splenda... and we all know that Splenda is pretty much the devil himself. Instead, I opted to try the Truvia sweetener stuff (ew!) and Agave Nectar (yum!). My new favorite breakfast is oatmeal with agave! My new favorite snack is a Fuji apple straight from the fridge! Something about cold apples is just splendid. I've also marked of "Hot Yoga" on my 23 before 24 list! I started a hot yoga class last night and boy oh boy, it was rough! I've never sweated so much in my life! My body isn't used to the insane heat yet so it'll be a few classes before I can make it the whole 75 minute session without lying down. I'm still determined! After the full month I'll be good to go in regular yoga classes at the Y! I'm heavily increasing my water intake for that class seeing as it's so grueling.

I'm hoping to find that doing this yoga will help me become slightly less introverted as well. I'm not quite sure what has happened to me over the past handful of years but I've become much more shy and standoff-ish. I was always quite comfortable with being very extroverted and out there in high school, etc, but hopefully this will make me a little less awkward in social situations.

()

How about you?! How has your 30 Day Detox challenge proven?! I'd love to read and share your stories and experiences! I loved reading all of your initial posts so I'm sure you've come quite a ways because the Twitter feed (#30DayDetox) is blowing up and full of so much motivation and inspiration! If you write about your journey thus far, please leave a link in the comments and I'll try to come back to this post and include them all at the end!

Do you have any awesome tips, tricks or suggestions when it comes to the Detox? How do you handle negative thoughts? What are your favorite snacks and healthy treats for yourself? Got some awesome recipes you wanna share! Chime in below, sweet bees!

If you haven't taken the 30 Day Detox challenge and you're interested in it, feel free to CLICK HERE to read all about it and snag the button for yourself! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...