Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A few things...

Okay... let me just get out a few things here..

1. I appreciate all of the lovely comments and stuff involving the formspring crap, but i really need to say this because it's been bothering me all day... It was brought to my attention that several people in support of me (or in the support of not being judgemental) went to the girl's formspring and said rude things. Things along the lines of "you're ugly" "the bags under your eyes are gross" "you're gross" blah blah blah... You can't fight fire with fire! No one wins! The ONLY reason I brought it up in my blog was because several of my FormSpring followers got upset about what the girl had to say about me. I brought it to everyone's attention that i'm FINE! I'm okay, I'm not hurt by her remarks. It's so petty to go call someone ugly because she called me fat (especially when I'm trying to show that its rude to begin with). Pot meet Kettle.

2. We can't expect everyone to like us.. People will find reasons to dislike you... even if it's something as trivial as your weight or what color hair you have or what kind of car you drive. There WILL be people that dislike you. You cannot appease everyone! So take kindly to those who support you 100% and respect their opinions... to everyone else, screw 'em!

3. While I appreciate the anonymous army that is behind me, I don't want to fight with her via the internet or make it a big ol' hoopla of a fiasco! Rude remarks thrown her way will only make her more malicious towards me (and in the grand scheme of things, it dilutes the purity of being a kind person.).

4. I should practice what I preach more often. Even today, I found myself in a situation where rude remarks were being made behind someone's back and while I'm friends with both parties, I chose to remove myself from the situation, thoroughly think it through, and decide a plan of action. I do NOT want to be that mean girl from high school again! That's not who I am. I literally wanted to start crying (even though I wasn't the one being badmouthed) because she saw the girls talking about her and she's such a sweet person, I really think she takes these kind of things to heart. While I didn't make any remarks like "ugly" or "gross" in the way of the girl who badmouthed me, I made assumptions that some would find to be a bit too quick on the draw. Granted, I'm allowed to have my opinion (and I do), and I'm allowed to voice said opinion (just like she), but I try to be a better person in the way of only stating fact. Rather than say I think SHE is ugly, physically, I can merely say I think she's ugly due to her personality, or lack thereof. Either way, I need to be better about not letting the high-school-mean-girl slip in regardless of who I'm around. By making said assumptions, or even posting them via the internet, I'm doing nothing but bringing myself to her level. I'm lowering my standards to play dirty with someone who I have no need to even acknowledge. Not only that, I'm degrading the value of my blog by abandoning my optimistic, kind-hearted view on life, to try and reciprocate erratic behavior that should never be tolerated. So to my readers, I'm sorry. I never want to mislead anyone in the way that I carry and portray myself. I apologize for anything that would make you think differently of me.

5. This has been drawn out FAR too long. She has even gone as far as to leave "heyyyyyyyy gurllllll" in my formspring but I merely deleted it so no more attention will be drawn to her/her page. It's all about publicity... That's what she wants. So we won't give it to her. I'm going to go about my life and as should all of you. :) For someone who hates me so much, she sure spends a lot of time on my stuff (StatCounter, you rule!).

6. To end this on a happy note... Check out my badass Shark backpack! It came in the mail yesterdayyyyy! $60 SOOOO well spent! (Btw, Morn Creations is an avid advocate for banning the want (I wont say need because they're NEVER actually "needed") for shark fin soup and the importing of shark fins in countries around the world. Please help support this cause! I'll blog more about it later!

It felt like the first day of school today and I was so so so excited to wear it! My 17" Macbook Pro BARELY fits (its very snug) but it's SO dreamy!


xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...