Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book Suggestions!

I've been asked multiple times for book recommendations and things like that, and even though I'm not an English teacher or an author myself, I know how to appreciate a good book. My taste in books tends to lean towards chick-esque, humorous, life-lesson style books (a la Confessions of a Shopaholic). But anyway, I'll just share a few of my favorites.


1. Make Every Man Want You by Marie Forleo:
It's a lighthearted look at how to love yourself, never settle for less than you deserve, and how to make sure you always portray yourself in the best light. It's SUCH a great read! I was honestly so so so very surprised!


ANNA MAXTED




SOPHIE KINSELLA
3. Any and Every book by Sophie Kinsella: I started reading "Confessions of a Shopaholic" in early 10th grade (2003) and I remember reading it through most of my classes. My friend Megan had let me borrow it and I was hooked. I could totally relate to Miss Rebecca Bloomwood and her NEED to shop. It, too, is set in London, but the 5-book series really opens you up to all of Becky's blunders and adventures. The movie totally sucked... Honestly. The books are SOOOOO much better. I'd read them all again if I still had them in my possession. Kinsella also wrote "Can You Keep a Secret?, "Remember Me?" and her most recent work "Twenties Girl"... I've read all of them (well, I own Twenties Girl.. I just havent read it yet) but she also writes under the pen-name "Madeline Wickham". Check her out!


CHELSEA HANDLER
4. Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler: I dont care WHO you are... if you dont love Chelsea Handler, something is sincerely wrong with you. This book was to die for! Her other book, "The Horizontal Life", was also funny, but it doesnt touch this one. I just truly appreciate her comedic genius and I can't help but fall for her dry sarcastic humor and fat little Chuy!

I'm supposed to be doing a book swap with a lovely girl named Ashley soon, but if anyone else is interested in a book swap, let a girl know!

What are some of your favorite reads and why?
I'd love to hear them and maybe check them out!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...