Monday, January 10, 2011

MIXTAPE MONDAY: so many favorites.

I definitely don't mean to toot my own horn here but I'm pretty pleased with this playlist. So pleased, in fact, that I cannot stop playing it. So many of my old favorites... some are 9th grade old, others just a few months. I've featured several on many of my downloadable mixtapes, so you probably have a few in your iTunes. I hope the rest of them are a real treat! I remember listening to Her Space Holiday with my best friend Shannon in high school as we'd drive in my VW Beetle with the windows down. Electric President brings back so many memories of my sophomore year of college and my first summer solo in NYC... wandering around the East Village aimlessly. The feeling from White Daisy Passing by Rocky Votolato is undeniably the same feeling that I get thinking of home... Tennessee. And I'll always love California by Phantom Planet... including covers like this one by Mates of State. This mix makes me want to find all of my favorite people, cram them in my little Xterra and go on a roadtrip! I can't wait until March!



What are some of your all-time favorite songs? Why are they special and what do you relate them to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...