So we'll start with the Instax Mini since that was the first one I purchased back in November 2009! I wanted to treat myself to something nice and that cute little brown camera was just smiling at me! Let me preface these by saying this: If you want to buy them for the cheapest price, buy via Amazon.com! At least in my experience! I purchased my Mini for $70 + tax and film and I purchased my 210 for $80! I saw them at Urban Outfitters earlier this week for $105 and $135 respectively! Yikes!
Instax Mini - Choco
- Convenient size. Easy to fit in a bag and carry out.
- Credit card size photos fit nicely in wallet.
- Photo size makes for great Christmas ornaments!
- Takes great photos indoors with low-light!
- Takes even better photos outside.
- The aperture settings are easy to understand and sensible.
- They make great impromptu business cards! (Try it!)
- Comes in different colors.
- The picture size is half the size of the 210 yet roughly the same price.
- It is very aperture-sensitive. Easy to over and under expose!
- Really only "work" vertically. Horizontal photos are hard to compose.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Instax Wide 210
- Larger picture size makes more of an impact.
- Comes with a close-up adapter for self shot portraits.
- Takes nice outdoor photos with decent lighting.
- Works both vertically and horizontally without appearing "odd".
- Far from the best at indoor photos.
- Blurry shots produced if you forget the close-up adapter at times.
- Heavy and large! The 210 is very very bulky and makes it hard to carry around.
VerdictMy personal opinion is so very very torn. Mike and I have had the conversation multiple times and it's hard to really choose between the two. I love the size of the pictures from the 210, but I guess if I had to choose just one (like, life or death situation here!) then I'd go with the Mini because it's small enough for me to carry around, I can use the pictures for so many things, and it really handles low light situations well. Plus who can deny the cute and quirky personality of an alien-looking brown camera?!
But I'm interested in what you think! Do you own either camera? Which do you prefer? Are there things about each of them that would make it/break it for you? Let me hear about them in the comments!
Click through the jump below to see a whole heck of a lot of instax images! I scanned them in yesterday so why not share them?! (Note: I could've scanned them at a higher resolution so they're a bit blurry! Whoops!) Seriously... there are a lot of pictures after this jump! Haha