Friday, January 28, 2011

Huckleberry Grapevine



I'm sure you're wondering what the heck "Huckleberry Grapevine" even means, and to be quite honest, I'm pondering the same thing as I'm typing this. I'm sitting on the couch in the living room and I was trying to think of what to call this outfit post when Mike chimed in with just that... Huckleberry Grapevine. So it goes! But when I think about it, Huckleberry really is a perfect name for it... being the quintessential American tale of youth and adventure. The grapevine part is all subject to your imagination, but we're going to roll with it.

If you've followed my blog for any amount of time you're probably well aware of my love for all things nautical. I'm not huge on "patriotic" Americanized things, but give me some red, white and blue, and maybe a dash of gold, and I'm sold! This dress was picked up earlier this week at Forever 21 in Cool Springs. It was under $20, lightweight, and also came in red! Of course I bought both, but the red will have to wait for another day. The red belt is my all-time favorite (I'm pretty sure I say that every single time I write about it) but it was scored for well under 50 cents at Goodwill a long long time ago. The tights are super torn and ripped all over but they're from Target as are the black flats. The purse is a total knockoff (and yes, I have learned my lesson, let's not preach!) but I had yet to pair it with anything so I figured I should show it some sunshine.

Today's weather was incredible. Incredible! Though the weather widget claims the high was only supposed to be 46 degrees I know for a fact it hit 55 today! Both Mike and I abandoned our coats and frolicked in the sun while exploring the town. We drove way out on Darbytown Road past the residential areas and we ended up at a low-water bridge. We decided to play with our toys (read: all of our cameras) and shoot some outfit photos as well.

We have a million and one rolls of film to develop this weekend and many more instax photos to scan, but I promise to share all of those soon! For now we're going to go play on the Kinect before I have to get ready for work!

By the way, tonight is the last night to enter the Diana Mini Giveaway! I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow so stay tuned! And get pumped for February's giveaway!









Dress: Forever 21
Belt: Thrifted
Tights: Target
Flats: Target
Purse: NYC
Headband: c/o Sunshine & Carousels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...