Monday, January 24, 2011

MIXTAPE MONDAY: i was fifteen.

Let me preface this by saying that it was 2003. It may or may not have extended until 2005 or so... but... It was a long time ago. Even still, I can feel my heart go pitter-patter just a teensy weensy little bit when I hear these artists and these songs. Yes, this is a playlist of my favorite songs from when I was 15. (I'd like to say "Oh but I'm 22 now and my taste is so much more refined" but the truth is far from that and I'm okay with it. I like what I like!) I remember dance parties in Shannon's basement and long drives to shows blasting Something Corporate and Taking Back Sunday. I remember the loud sing-alongs to The Academy Is... Every one of these songs may not have been 2003 gold medal, but these bands were more than certainly a staple in my adolescence. Seeing as many of you are around the same age as I, maybe you'll get a kick out of them, too!



Now I have an even better idea for my playlist next week! Oh man, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...