Saturday, February 19, 2011

Coronado Beach Irish Cream




I wasn't in love with these pictures or this outfit from yesterday, but this dress deserved some fun in the sun before I decided to off it. I've only worn it once (I believe) and I loved it last time. Something about it didn't sit well with me this go around. I think it was the cream cardigan I paired it with. To be honest it's because it was the only one I could find in my room. Sad, I know. It definitely does no favors for my less-than-toned upper arms but still, I tried anyway. Mike said this outfit reminded him of a trip to California with his mom where they indulged in Irish Cream Ice Cream on the beach! Hence the title!

We started our day as usual with a walk around the neighborhood. My shins are starting to not like my choice of footwear for those long walks. Afterwards we laid in the hammock for a bit, just swinging. The air was crisp yesterday but nice. There's been a substantial wind, too. Almost felt as though we were living on the coast. Oh how I cannot wait! Seriously, these 2 weeks (less than 2 weeks even!) need to fly by so we can enjoy some roadtripping with Susannah and Chris! I'm so excited! It'll be great to have such wonderful friends along for the ride, too!

We decided to try and make that Tomato Basil soup today but it was too creamy for me. We obviously changed a lot of it up but that was the general idea if you're looking for a recipe! I like just straight-to-the-point-and-a-bit-spicy tomato soup. (Was that enough hyphens for you?) Although when I was lurking my friend Liz's blog today I found an even better sounding recipe! CLICK HERE to check it out.

Another neat post in the blogosphere would be this headband DIY from my friend Elle! She shows you a super insanely simple but totally cute braided headband how-to!

I've felt sort of in a funk lately so hopefully it'll pass! Happy weekend everyone!

Dress: Macy's
Caridgan: Charlotte Russe
Tights: Target
Flats: Target
Headband: c/o Sunshine and Carousels




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...