Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh, Little Dress of Mine!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you are insanely heartbroken at the newfound information of your favorite article of clothing being lost, stolen, or ruined? Well, that happened to me today. You see, I acquired these snazzy new mustard colored tights the other day and I was oh so pumped to wear them with my mustard floral dress [and a mustard colored circle scarf! Do you see where this is going?!] Monochromatic all the way! Fast forward to 2pm today when I finally decided to get dressed... Mike exclaims how incredibly short my sweet little dress has become. Yep. That's right. I accidentally dried it in the dryer. Epic fail, KB! I'm usually pretty good at weeding out my dresses and hanging them in the bathroom for this reason. That cotton likes to shrivel up to nothing and then my bum is barely covered!

I've loved this dress for years. For years! It's just a cheap little thing from the mall, but the colors were always divine and it was the perfect shape/fit. I can still maybe get away with it with black opaque tights, but the yellow were way too "look at me! look at my bum!"... *sigh*... Don't you hate that?! [I also hoarded two lace cardigans a couple of years ago wayyyyyy past their prime (read: rips everywhere!) because I couldn't find a replacement]. I've learned the hard way: If you really really love something that's from a mass retailer like Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe, buy a back-up! This has saved my butt so many times and usually the prices are perfect for it.

Cue awkward-trying-to-cover-myself outfit photos... [and only a couple at that!]

kaelah bee
kaelah bee
kaelah bee
♥ dress: charlotte russe, cardigan & flats: target, tights: hue ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...