Friday, December 3, 2010

I DID IT!

Yesterday just might have been the most stressful day ever but I did it! I graduated! I am no longer a student! I had to wake up too early, rush to school, write a 4 page paper, take an exam and try to throw together my portfolio just in the knick of time. Did I mention I also had to go set up my table and get ready?! I couldn't even do anything with my hair because I was running so behind. But at the end of the day it was such a wonderful way to end my time at O'More. The senior show went off without a hitch and I was surrounded for hours by people that I love and adore. The other three gals I was with had incredible portfolios and we had such a fantastic time. My face was hurting so incredibly bad from smiling and laughing so much. That's the best pain in the world.




I wish I had taken more photos, but I didn't. I didn't take any except these of my table from my iPhone in the poor lighting. The little chest on the upper right of the table held my coasters which we designed around our beer bottles. I should probably back up and tell you the theme. Our theme this year was Senior Select... like beers. We branded a beer bottle for each of us and chose a beer that represented ourselves. CA had a champagne beer and I chose a Root Beer since I don't drink alcohol. It was really fun! All of our bottles and designs were SO different! We designed the labels for the bottles and then the coasters which we handed out as our little business cards throughout the night! Ill have to scan mine in so you can see them. They're awesome. They turned out SO perfect! I bought a little chest and lined it with pink and brown tissue paper and had my coasters in there. Then I had 2 milk glass cups with business cards and my little KaelahBee pin sets I had made. It was so so so cool seeing so many people at the brewery last night wearing my buttons! I also wrapped twinkle lights in black tulle and draped them on my table and then hung my fabric pennant flags too! I received so many compliments on my table set up so I was tickled! (I also put some of my sharks out with my shark infographic! The awesome crochet one was made for me by Miss Susannah!)

My dad and stepmom came. Along with my half-sister and her daughter. Mike's parents and his sister Laine came, and my Mom, nana, and Robert. (They brought me the roses on my table!) It was so awesome to have people support my decision to not go into full time design work like the other 3 girls. Not to be looked down upon or degraded for not following the traditional footsteps was really awesome

It hasn't really hit me yet that I won't be returning to campus again and I am no longer an "art student". Instead, I am an O'More alum and I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts. So very crazy. I feel like I'm at that moment where I always anticipated and waited it's arrival, but now that it's here it just feels strange. To think I have been in school for 17 years... wow! Now I'm an adult. In the "Real World"... Where to go? What to do?

I have so many things up my sleeves for the future! I'm so excited to be back at my blog full time and to really pour my heart into it. If you're a new reader in the past 6 months then you'll probably not know that my blogging style is usually very different. The summer in NYC and the flood and then this final semester really threw me for a loop so I've lost a bit of the "personal" side of my blog. I'm so excited to bring that back and make it happen! I love this little blog and this blogging community so much that I couldn't stand to be away! I just have to figure out how to get all of my ideas in line so I don't do too much at once! I'm just so inspired!

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me through this amazing journey! I can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...