Wednesday, October 14, 2009

quotes

quote time! here are some of my current favorites that i've stumbled across recently. (yes, this is totally in place of a legit personal entry. sorry y'all! hopefully after friday morning i'll be back to my regular ol' self!)

The Velveteen Rabbit was about how little kids get one toy that they love more than all the others, and even when its fur has been rubbed off, and it’s gone saggy with bits missing, the little child still thinks it’s the most beautiful toy in the world, and can’t bear to be parted from it. That’s how it works, when people really love each other.
— Helen Fielding

---------------

“When you date someone, it’s like you’re taking one long course in who that person is, and then when you break up, all that stuff becomes useless. It’s the emotional equivalent of an English degree.”
-Ted Mosby, How I Met Your Mother

---------------

But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bed time. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.
— Nicholas Sparks

---------------

I have pretended to go mad in order to tell you the things I need to. I call it art. Because art is the word we give to our feelings made public. And art doesn’t worry anyone.
-i wrote this for you

---------------

…I have this strange feeling that I’m not myself anymore. It’s hard to put into words, but I guess it’s like I was fast asleep, and someone came, disassembled me, and hurriedly put me back together again. That sort of feeling.
-Haruki Murakami

---------------

If you’ve ever had one of those times when you’ve clutched a pen or something else in your hand for a long time, only to look down and be surprised that you are still holding it long after your need for it had passed, you’ll understand sometimes we get so used to holding that we forget to let go.

---------------

and quite possibly the best one of all of these...

If you don’t feel that you are possibly on the edge of humiliating yourself, of losing control of the whole thing, then probably what you are doing isn’t very vital.
-John Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...