Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Amazing Octopus

THIS deserves to be blogged about. While sitting at Sweet Cece's today and enjoying frozen yogurt in the frozen temperatures, Merissa, Caitlin, Tiffany and I discussed the octopus. Why? Well, why not? It's pretty obvious that I LOVE the animal, and not simply because it's become somewhat of a cliche. I can recall the exact day in 6th grade, sitting in class, bored, reading the encyclopedia (yes, i was THAT girl...), I stumbled upon the entry for 'octopus'.... i began reading. Everything about them fascinated me. How they have zero bones, the only hard part of their body is their beak, they are INCREDIBLY intelligent, even a 500+ pounder can squeeze through a quarter-size hole, and best of all... they have THREE hearts! brilliant! I proudly display my lovely little cephalopod on my right forearm. Anywhoo, Cailtin brought up the fact that they have found them off teh coast of Indonesia using tools! They use coconut halves to create shelter in the empty seabeds! They reassemble them and hide for protention! Genius! Then Merissa tweeted about a video circulating the web via National Geographic and here they are!

Here is the original ARTICLE, go read it and all that jazz! Its mind boggling! They are such magestic creatures! Hands down my favorite (real) animal! (I have a thing for unicorns... hehe)






and just for giggles, heres another one of my favorite octopus videos! ITS INVISIBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...