Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers


Well, yesterday was not fun. I had a serious case of the Mondays and so did practically everyone else I know. I generally really like Mondays, so this one came as a surprise. If you follow me on Twitter then you probably know how it all went down. But if not, let's backtrack. Remember when I was complaining of computer-related stress last week? My MacBook Pro was finding it hard to function, then I thought I remedied the problem. Turns out I didn't. As it would seem, my drivers failed, my directory got all scrambled then low-and-behold... my harddrive crashed. Again. (This happened in '08, too.) Many trips to the Apple Genius bar later, I spent 3 hours at the bar, 1 at Best Buy trying to locate a decent new external harddrive, and then I spent about 2 just crying. Not sure if anyone remembers the tiny little detail of Pipkin completely annhiliating my external harddrive a few weeks ago? She did. She chewed it to pieces. It had the only backup of my senior portfolio. The only backup of all of my design-related coding, etc. Luckily I can get most of my pictures from Flickr or Photobucket, and my music is on Mike's iPod (this is where Senuti comes in handy!). But no portfolio. No design jobs. No wedding plans. and I think the worst part was: No bookmarks! And I'm a person who bookmarks EVERYTHING!

I lost all of my sponsor information so I've been poring through emails for hours trying to relocate them (found them all, I think! But if you're a sponsor for several months, please email me to make sure I know! Otherwise we'll have to work it out once you realize I forgot you! >.<)

Anyway, it could be worse. I'm not sure how... but it could be. Well, like if I hadn't been covered by AppleCare. That would've sucked. But I was. So it's fixed. and it was free. But I'm still bummed. My parents surprised me with my graduation present yesterday... something I've been saving up money for on my own. I cried a lot when my mom offered it to me, too. I think I just really cried a lot yesterday. (Such a sap.) This isn't meant to be one of those "woe is me! I'm so sad!" posts, but I hate that it happened and I do feel incredibly blessed by my parents who offered up something so unbelievably huge for graduation. They bought me a 27" iMac for my desk/office and it's amazing. I can only get excited about the amount of productivity that will come from it! I'll still have my MBP, but now I can work diligently at home, with less strain on my back, and maybe even knock some awesome designs out.


So here I am... asking all of y'all for some help! 1) Bear with me! This week's posts will likely be scattered and not make much sense. I'll probably miss a few features, and there'll be some delay in responding to emails. So so sorry! I'm just trying to catch up and reinstall a bunch of software, etc. 2) Send me links to any/all of your favorite websites, blogs, tumblrs, etc. It can be anything at all. Funny article? Send it. Silly pictures? Send it. Cool design thing? Send it! Your blogs, even! Like I said, I bookmark everything so losing it all is rough! 3) If you've sent me an email about an interview, feature, or guest post, please double check with me to make sure I've found it in my email! I've lost my entire to-do list! I know of a couple so I'm trying to work like a maniac to make it happen!

I still have a couple of sponsorship spots available. CLICK HERE if you wanna learn more or just email me! kaelahbee@gmail.com!

I'm going to just look at this as "April showers bring May flowers!" It happened for a reason and I know I need to make the best of it! Everything on my computers will be synced, organized, and intentional. No more clutter! Make lemons into lemonade, right?! xo

PS: Winners for the Vedette Shapewear giveaway have been announced! HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...