Monday, August 24, 2009

why blog?

So I've encounted many curious minds that ask the same question... "Why Blog?" Why do we blog? Pure narcissism? Too much spare time? What is YOUR reason?

My reason is as follows: I want to document my life for the future. I want to be able to look back, read the ridiculous things I wrote and laugh (and maybe whimper and blush embarrassingly)... I go back and read some of the things I wrote in past journals and blogs from high school and I am overcome with a rush of satisfaction. I've grown so much as a person. I've overcome some hard, some ridiculous, and some just down right stupid obstacles. I've blogged about good boyfriend and bad breakups, world travels, and inspiration. I've ranted and raved, and I've made a fool of myself. But all of these things are merely building blocks to the person I've become in my measly 21 years of existence. I know I'll say some things I may "regret", and I'll piss some people off all the while I inspire others. That's all I'm here to do. To get my thoughts on paper. Well, I guess in this case it'd be screen? haha Either way, if someone finds it entertaining or enjoyable in the process, that's just an added bonus. I know the voyeuristic side of me loves to have a sneak peek into other people's lives, find out how their hearts and minds really work.

Anyway! Oh my gosh that was such a long-winded answer! But yes! THAT, my friends, is why I blog. I'd love to hear why you do. Or even why you read other people's blogs! Share some of your favorites! I'd love to add to my list of inspiring and interesting reads!

Until next time,
xo



P.S., whoever wrote the above in my truth box on myspace, THANK YOU. You have no idea how amazing it feels to wake up to something like that. Even if we've never spoke, I hope you know my sincere gratitude for such kind words. Many people use anonimity to say mean, horrible things, but you were so selfless with your grandiose comment and you required no claim. I do wish you would say hello and converse with me. I'd love to speak to you. Thank you, again. It was such a great way to start my sometimes-overwhelming work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...